SF Python is bringing its Project Night to PlanGrid. It's going to be an evening with about ~125 Python devs getting your questions answered, sharing your knowledge, hacking and taking tutorials. Our educational theme for the night will be courtesy of Twilio - read on for details!
We are grateful our venue host PlanGrid will be providing food and drinks for this event.
Please register via ti.to by 9a on 3/21. https://ti.to/sf-python/ProjectNightAtPlanGrid
Those who have registered via meetup only (instead of tito by 9a 3/21) will be registering onsite.
- Public Transportation is your best bet. PlanGrid is near 16th and Mission on BART line. Entrance next to Fabric Outlet.
- There is limited parking in the area, try [SpotHero](https://spothero.com/) if you must drive.
- Feel free to park your bike inside PlanGrid
If you are interested in becoming a mentor for this or future meetups, please reach out to the leadership team.
If you'd like to offer a tutorial, please provide the info here: https://goo.gl/forms/iUXFaTSqmDWfz1rI2
Who should attend?
• Over 21 by event date
• New to Python and want to work with other Pythonistas
• Experienced devs who want to hack on your work, personal or open-source projects
• Experienced devs who want to mentor others
• Anyone that's interested in our tutorial offerings
6:00p Begin check-in
6:50p Introductions: tell us about your project and/or the kind of help you seek
7:00p Make yourself comfortable and start hacking, or attend one of the tutorials
7:30p Door Close
9:30p Wrap up / Hard Stop
*TwilioQuest*! Developers from Twilio will be on hand to get you started on this interactive self-paced game that teaches you to code against Twilio's APIs. There are special levels only available during Twilio events and there may be prizes for successful completions. For Python developers of all levels.
*Twilio SMS Tutorial* - If you prefer a guided tutorial, Twilio representatives will also walk you through an SMS with Python tutorial. Learn to send and receive SMS messages from Python with Twilio! Attendees should have Python installed (2.7 or 3.4+). Suitable for beginners.
• Doors open at 6:00pm. Please wait outside without blocking the building entrance. Security will check ID and stop admitting guests at 7:30p.
• Those without a tito registration by 9a on 3/21 should plan on fetching your own dinner.
Hope to see you there!
This meetup is made possible by:
**SF Python. A volunteers-run organization with a mission to build a stronger Python Community in the bay area. Please consider [making a donation](https://secure.meetup.com/sfpython/contribute/)
Venue and food are provided by: **PlanGrid. PlanGrid is creating software for the 10 trillion dollar construction industry. Our mission is to be the record set for every job site in the world. Construction is stuck in the past - we are bringing it into the future through field first mobile applications backed by advanced machine learning techniques. PlanGrid has adopted Python as it’s language of choice for rapidly building advanced file processing pipelines and cloud services optimized for mobile offline use. With Python as the backbone of our product, we’re a proud sponsor of the SF Python Meetup.