Join fellow technologists, entrepreneurs, and investors for the NY Enterprise Technology Meetup's (NYETM) June meetup on Wednesday 6/21/17 from 6:00pm-8:30pm!
For our June meetup we'll have an Enterprise VC Panel and two exciting companies demoing their technologies:
Enterprise VC Trends Panel
• Frances Schwiep, Principal at Comcast Ventures
• Adi Levanon, Venture Partner, Symmetrical Ventures
• Lucy Wang, Associate & Data Scientist, Greycroft Partners
• Moderator: Jessica Lin, General Partner, Work-Bench
• Datalogue - Data preparation is an unfortunate inevitability in any data driven business. It’s the work that needs to be done to transform data into usable data. Only then can we get to data driven business decisions. Datalogue automates data preparation using advanced computer vision and natural language processing technologies. Our solutions are packaged into smart data pipelines. These pipelines allow you to connect to any data store, translate into any data format, and automatically detect and parse ontologies within your data. This allows you to gain insights at an unprecedented pace. Three things are true in life: Death, Taxes, and Data Preparation.
• Butterfly - Butterfly is the first employee intelligence and management coaching software to develop the next generation of corporate leadership. Weekly pulse surveys allow managers and talent teams to view and act on data in real-time, and Butterfly’s self-learning virtual coach, Alex, is there every step of the way. Managers at companies like Walmart, GE, Ticketmaster, Jet.com, Publicis and more rely on Butterfly to build stronger, happier teams.
Frances Schwiep - Frances is a New York-based venture capital investor focusing on early-stage investments in enterprise tech companies, with a particular focus on startups that are leveraging AI and digital assets to redefine the future of work, cities, and communication mediums in a “cloudy” and mobile world. Prior to joining Comcast Ventures, Frances was an investor at Highland Capital and Redstar Ventures, where she focused on consumer tech, healthcare IT, and B2B marketplaces. Before that she was a product manager at MC10 Inc., a wearable computing company where she helped develop applications for the company’s bio-sensors in sports and consumer health verticals. Frances began her career in data science and consulting and holds an MBA from Harvard Business School.
Adi Levanon - Adi Levanon is Venture Partner at Symmetrical Ventures, a privately-held investment fund that focuses on startups in the pre-seed to Series A phase, bringing years of expertise in financial services, B2C, ecommerce and media. Adi has been actively involved in global startup and venture capital ecosystems for over 10 years, with a myriad of experience on both the investment side along with business and legal operations. She started her career at Conduit, Israel's first billion dollar internet company, where she held the position of legal counsel and was later promoted to head of compliance, managing a team of engineers and analysts. Her expertise in the venture capital industry has spun across positions in Israel-based venture capital funds Carmel Ventures and Rhodium, along with New-York based venture capital fund FinTech Collective. Utilizing her experience working with startups in Israel, New York, Silicon Valley and Los Angeles, Adi helps entrepreneurs reach product-market fit, maximizing her understanding of emerging technologies together with business development strategies to identify and secure partnerships. Adi is passionate about disruptive technologies, is constantly curious and loves working with game-changing businesses. Adi graduated from IDC Herzeliya, Israel with dual degree of an LL.B. in Law and a B.A in Business Administration, major in finance.
Lucy Wang - As an Associate, Data Scientist, Lucy splits her time between working with portfolio companies on data related projects and evaluating investment opportunities related to her experience and expertise in the machine learning, big data, and AI ecosystems. Prior to Greycroft, Lucy held several industry positions. She worked in consumer analytics at Ebay Enterprises, developed economic models and trade signals at Bridgewater Associates, and advised clients in Technology, Advertising, and Social Media as a management consultant.
Lucy holds a BA degree from Brown University in Behavior Economics and Mathematics. Lucy is currently an MS candidate at New York University and her areas of focus are deep learning, natural language processing, and bayesian networks. Lucy is also an active member of InSITE, a network of graduate students, entrepreneurs, and leaders in technology and venture capital.
Jessica Lin - Jessica is co-founder and General Partner of Work-Bench. She leads the Community team at Work-Bench, driving member experience, enterprise education and events, and communications. Jessica previously was a Learning and Development Manager at Cisco Systems, where she worked with the Engineering function on Agile transformation, innovation and culture. Jessica is a graduate of Harvard University and developed Harvard’s first aspirational design and experiential education summer fellowship program in Cape Town, South Africa & Paris, France, and helped to launch a new innovation platform for intersection of arts and sciences at Harvard University.
Jessica received a BA from Harvard University in Government and African Studies.
Sign up today, and if you have any questions, please contact Jon Lehr at [masked].
Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
Yours in collaboration,
110 Fifth Avenue, 5th floor