RSVP’s close at 6:15pm today, Friday the 7th. If you still need a last minute ticket you will need to go to Eventbrite to RSVP:
PRESENTED BY MCCARTER & ENGLISH
Developments in robotics engineering have resulted in several weird and wonderful advancements across many fields including military, manufacturing, service, and entertainment. We will discuss the new applied ethics in Robo-morality: Machine Learning & Roboethics is concerned with what rules should be created for machines and robots to guarantee -their design for ethical behavior. Should we ensure that machines with artificial intelligence behave in ways that prioritize human safety as well as their own safety, above their assigned tasks? And can we do this in accordance with the accepted precepts of human morality? Other questions:
• Why do we need to care about ethics in AI?
• What made you focus on this emerging subject in techno-ethics?
• How can we regulate robo-morality?
• Are there any progress in terms of programming machines to act with human beings in an ethical way?
• In your opinion what is the major challenge to develop robot and machine learning ethics for the following decade?
***SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER: Symon Perriman leads business development for Express, the world’s most secure communications network and productivity tools. He is an internationally recognized business leader, industry expert, author, presenter, technology influencer and multi-patent holder. He spent eight years at Microsoft in a variety of technical and strategic roles before running several technology startups in the security and sports industries.
1. Tameka Vasquez, Adjunct Professor at St. John’s University & Marketing Director at Eigen Technologies, an international artificial intelligence company. She is also a Strategic Advisor to Opus AI, a startup that is focused on using AI to simplify the diversity process at large companies.
2. Manojit Nandi, Senior Data Scientist, Rocketrip
Manojit builds machine learning models in Python for automating expense approval and deploys these models into production using AWS Lambda. Rocketrip helps businesses reduce travel spend by incentivizing employees to save when they travel for business.
3. Claudia Perlich, Senior Data Scientist, Two Sigma & NYU Adjunct Professor started her career at the IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, concentrating on research in data analytics and machine learning for complex real-world domains. She received her Ph.D. in Information Systems from Stern School of Business, NYU.
4. Imran Anwar, Disruptive Technologist in Customer Success Unit at Microsoft & Introduced the Internet and E-mail for Pakistan (among early providers of their internet). Earlier he was Enterprise Architect for the US Department of Defense & for General Electric.
5. Hugh Seaton Founder of the Nationwide Practical AI Community & Founder & CEO of Aquinas Learning, a software company that provides an AI learning coach to corporate learners. As for Practical AI in NYC, Cambridge, Toronto & Silicon Valley; he is also Founder of the NYVR Expo, the largest East coast VR/AR event on East coast and is fluent in Mandarin; MBA: Columbia Business School & London Business.
Oliver Christie, Founder, Foxy Machine, an artificial Intelligence consulting, strategy & research company for companies seeking to leverage new and future technologies. They implement a data-driven approach to decision-making.
Master of Ceremonies:
Jim Williams, Physics & Chemistry
B.S. in Chemistry from UC Berkeley (Go Bears!)
Interactive Videographer: Jeff Paul and Steve from VisioTag - they will be stationed in the middle, back of the conference room -- see them about how their video table of contents works!
Plus Pizza, Soda & Brownies from Microsoft, Essence Water from Hint, Gourmet Sandwiches from McCarter & English and Wine from Dana!!
Special Sponsor for Disruptive Technologists® Students:
Founded by Givi Topchishvili, The 9.8 Group has clients ranging from innovative startups & category leaders -- governmental agencies & Fortune 500 companies. www.98group.com
**Special thanks to our Disruptive Technologists® Think Tank Council & Events Sponsor-Partner: McCarter & English and David Sorin, Partner & Chair - Venture Capital and Emerging Growth Company Practices.
11 Times Square, 6th floor, corner of 41st & 8th Ave.