PLEASE PURCHASE A TICKET THROUGH EVENTBRITE: https://bit.ly/2H0suad
2018 was a big year for startups investment-wise; according to CB insights, over $8.6 billion was invested in healthtech alone. Fundraising success aside, healthtech is a unique industry that has its own set of rules and limitations. With confidentiality concerns, regulatory hurdles, and the need for credibility, how can a tech company in the health sector grow? We’ll discuss this and
- Hiring a team for a healthtech startup
- Testing and launching an MVP
- Adhering to rules and regulations
- Building momentum for your product
- Finding the right target market early on
- Investors and ways to get funding
... And much more!
About the panelists
- Akhil Shah is the COO of Covera Health. He oversees the business operations and key strategic initiatives.. He was previously a consultant and practice lead at Optimity Advisors, a boutique operations-oriented consulting firm, where he focused on payer & provider value-based care initiatives. He received his undergraduate degree and Masters in Health Services Administration from the University of Michigan. Akhil is an unapologetic Michigan Wolverines and long-suffering New York Mets fan.
- Katie Davis is the head of clinical operations at Call9. In her current role, she drives continued growth, process improvement and special projects across clinical, customer success and medical areas of the organization while ensuring Call9’s original mission and values remain pervasive throughout. Prior to completing her Adult-Gero Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) degree from Massachusetts General Hospital, Davis earned her B.S.N. and M.S. in Forensic Nursing from Boston College. As an undergraduate student at BC, Davis revived the nearly defunct Boston College EMS, a student-run service, and built it up to nearly 150 volunteers and a well-respected entity within the community—all while consulting and holding several leadership positions in the forensics field.
- Carolyn Witte is the CEO and Co-Founder of Tia, a next generation women's healthcare platform bringing empathy and innovation together to help women thrive. Formerly at Google Creative Lab, she was able to develop an expertise in user insights, design-centric product development, and brand strategy. She was influential in redesigning the Google logo and implementing a new brand system across all Google products. She also developed and launched Gboard on iPhone and Tap to Translate on Android. Carolyn graduated Summa Cum Laude from Cornell University.
- Susan Jones is the Co-Founder and COO of Care+Wear. Susan is a proud Georgia Bulldog with degrees in both Fashion Merchandising and Finance. She spent time in the fashion world at both kensie and Free People where she was an Account Executive before moving to Shanghai and co-founding Care+Wear in 2014. Now back in New York, her current role at Care+Wear, includes helping to manage both Operations and Product Development while simultaneously chasing her 2.5yr old and 1yr old little boys.
6:30 - 6:50: Drinks & Networking
6:50 - 7:50: Panel
7:50 - 8:15: Audience Q&A
8:15 - 9:00: More Drinks & Networking
119 West 24th Street