Due to popular demand, we're going to experiment with a different format for this meetup - a hands-on mini art hackathon!
The theme is ... "Future Pangs".
An art hackathon means coming together in a shared space, and being collectively inspired, to create algorithmic art at the meetup itself.
Hackathons are really fun, hands on practical (there's no talk or lecture), and we're often surprised how much can be created in a limited time.
Beginners are very welcome, as well as more experienced friends who can help others.
All the best art emerges from constraints, often consciously self-imposed. This hack will have some constraints:
• You must allow your code and work to be publicly viewable and freely copyable and reusable (CC-SA).
• We have 40 minutes to create the art from scratch.
• The work must be inspired by the theme "Future Pangs". You may interpret this as you wish.
• Your own constraints (colour, shape, other) - do tell us when you're showing your work.
If people want to work together, that's fine.
To make sure things get done, we'll stick to the following schedule:
• 6.30 - 7.00pm arrive
• 7.00 - 7.10pm intro
• 7.10 - 8.10pm mini art hack!
• 8.10 - 8.30pm show your work
Support will be available for beginners to get going, or help fix any coding problems. Volunteers for helping out really welcome!
There will be an opportunity to talk about your work at the end, if you let me know in good time.
All the works created in the hackathon will be shown on the Algorithmic Art blog as part of the writeup. Please send them to me using the comments or the "contact the organiser" link.
Please also book your place at SkillsMatter here: https://skillsmatter.com/meetups/9900-art-hackathon-future-pangs
10 South Pl, London EC2M 7BT